Thursday, January 23, 2014

Assignments I am Proud of

I think one of the projects I am most proud of is the Culture Clash. I think it is where I really got to show my own twist and point of view things. I liked being able to make something really surreal, because that is my favorite type of art. Making art that was meant to be funny or ridiculous was something that I feel like I am very suited to do. My sense of humor is such an important part of who I am. On top of that, I learned how to use the software photoshop. This has lead to me just messing around and using photoshop during my free time, so it was a great learning experience for me. 

Also, I am proud of the David Hockney collage that Jack Tobias and I created. Despite it not exactly following the rubric or getting a good grade, I'm happy with how it turned. It was an outlet for Jack and I to create something absurd that was also art. I think our collaborating ideas resulted in something very original, if not ideal. Doing that project taught me to look at scenes in many different ways, as that was the nature of the assignment. It also taught me to use many small mundane images, and use them to create something interesting and in my opinion artistic, if a bit chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment